Sunday, September 03, 2006

MOVIE TO SEE

So like, y'know...mostly I leave the soap box rants to Todd. He's got enough of them, god knows. But tonight I saw a movie that made me want to evangelize to everyone I know. If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend you rent/buy/shoplift Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price.

It's 4:49 am, and I'm still thinking about it.

If you're in the habit of shopping at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club, or even if you aren't, I think you owe it to yourself as a responsible citizen to watch it.

I remember when I read Fast Food Nation, and I thought...why doesn't Oprah or Bill Gates or somebody buy 52 million copies of this book and drop it from airplanes so that everyone can read it? I am having the same reaction to this movie.

'Nuff said. Here's the movie's Web site to learn more. http://www.walmartmovie.com/

1 comment:

Dylan Rose Field said...

Right there with ya sista! That movie offered even more justification for the ongoing boycott.