Monday, May 12, 2008

Kiwi Love
Last Friday night, I got to do something utterly, utterly fantastical. I got to see The Flight Of The Conchords in concert. I cannot remember the last concert I attended. (sad, I know) But I would have to reach back to being 19 years old and seeing Sting in concert at Purdue University to replicate the gelatinous insides and trembling fan girl feeling I had throughout this concert. It was that momentous.

When they finished their third encore and left the stage, I was still screaming for more. Then I began plotting a way to sneak onto their tour bus. For realsies.

My friend Rob Candia, somehow scored us tickets to this show. The two performances sold out in TEN MINUTES. And Rob got us primo seats, too! I think he may have used mob connections. In which case all I can say is, YAY MOB!

Arj Barker, the comedian who plays pawnshop owner Dave in the show was the surprise opening act. He was HYSTERICAL and I will have to find his stand-up CD.

If you don't know who FOTC are, do some poking around on YouTube to find clips of their HBO show. Here's a clip of one of their more beloved songs. And one from their show. (swoon)

Jemaine and Bret, if you are reading this (and I know you are because I send you the URL in all my perfume-soaked letters) please know that although I love my husband and children, I will gladly come join you and be your courtesan on tour. Yes...I would be your tourtesan.

No comments: