Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Halloween Arrives on Lamont Street
Halloween began at preschool where Henry is arm in arm with Pirate Sage and Charlie The Flash.
It ain't officially Halloween without a New Orleans Dixieland Tuba parade around the block.
Back at home taking a breather before the night's main events.
Looks like this punkin overindulged.
As did these crunchy characters...
Here's Athena in a rare still moment with the kids. She's the mastermind and godmother of Halloween on Lamont Street, an event that draws hundreds and hundreds of people to our street every year. Getting their begging gameface on.
Here's me and my honey. I was dressed up as...Todd Pfeiffer. For authenticity, I had a real Leatherman and a cheesy mustache.
Some of the crowd gathering for the costume contest. Sarah Palin was there...
Don't get that weenie too near an open fire! At some point in the evening, the Yip Yips showed up at our house. Now I'm an adult, and I had half an idea that they might be coming, and I was STILL TAKEN ABACK BY THEM.
Henry and the other kids were downright mesmerized.
Loretta only stopped freaking out when she saw it was really Ben and Lauren underneath. Are they cute or what??? Weeks later, Loretta is still talking about the Yip Yips. And the Lamont Street judges awarded them Best Adult Costume to boot!!

No comments: