Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Holding Down The Fort

While I was away, my folks came to visit to help Todd with the youngins. They kept the Nonnos plenty busy.

Here's the Nonnos on the train at Wheaton Regional Park.
And enjoying the merry-go-round. Nonno accompanies Henry's ballad.Nonna loves her two little ones equally. Loretta AND Beaker.

Beaker's hair is tasty!
Enjoying the National Arboretum.
I knew my parents would enjoy the National Arboretum, but I had no idea how much. There were 440 acres and we never left the herb garden! My parents were shouting to one another, "Vieja! Veni! There's 12 kinds of basil here! Do you know how much pesto I could make out of this?!" "Viejo! Mira esta planta! Why can't we grow rosamaria like this at home?! Smell this pepper plant!" And so on, and so on. It was like taking me to the People Magazine Museum if there were one. (wait...is there?)
My father teaching the next generation to have a green thumb.
(it skips a generation, you know)
When we got into the car after leaving the Arboretum, I got a whiff of air that was decidely fragrant. I said, "Pa. You didn't take any PLANTS from the Arboretum, did you? You're not allowed to do that."
"Oh no. No no. No way."
When we got home, he put ALL HIS CUTTINGS into this Coke bottle. Nice centerpiece, huh? I made him empty his pockets and he laughed and put DOZENS of seeds, and tiny plants onto the table. I am expecting a knock on our door from the National Park Police any moment now.
Side by side chubby cheeks!

"I love you Nonno."

No comments: