Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our Own Marathon Man! This year, my brother Richie decided to train for and run the Marine Corps Marathon. (?) (!)
It made no sense to our family, "Why you gotta' run so far?" But still my whole family including out-of-town cousins came to DC to support Rich in his ambitious goal. This is the night before when we all gathered to make signs. And more signs.
This was the big carbo-load courtesy of my parents the night before the race.
There were seemingly 90 bazillion people running and viewing this race. It was a spectacle the likes of which I'd never seen. In the clip above, you can see Richie run by right at the end. He's wearing a black, longsleeve Gabriella-made shirt that said his name on the front (so strangers could cheer him on) and "Italian Stallion" on the back (cuz he is one).
That's me in the backpack shrieking.

He did it!!

Twenty-six whole miles!! Amazing!

And until he got into the Twenties, he was laughing and joking and yelling at us.

It was really emotional. We were so proud of him we almost burst.
You can see more great photos of the race at my sister Tricia's blog.

No comments: