Thursday, December 20, 2007


Our Getaway To South Ameri-cay
The last two weeks in November, The DiFrancos, Pfeiffers, Fields and a de Ocampo flew down to sunny, warm Argentina. My cousin Iván was getting married so that was the excuse we needed to get motivated and go.

We all met in Miami for the long flight down to Buenos Aires.

And we made it! Here's us plus my Argentinean relatives. It was 11pm so the American children were fast asleep. The Argentinean baby pictured, my cousin's little son Valentino, was just getting ready for supper and wondering where all the other kids were.

Loretta and Cora: JC Penney catalog models.

We rented a big house for all of us in the same country club community where my Aunt and Uncle live. Basically we just played and ate and hung out. There was swimming, a playground for the kids, lots of mate time (that's a kind of a tea), card playing, horsing around, bike-riding, bocce, sunbathing and napping. Did I mention the 5 square meals a day?

Above are some intense table tennis championships.

Intense paddle tennis championships

Nonna in factura heaven.

Nonno catching some rays in the capital. Some tango breaks out in the streets of Buenos Aires.

Our chariot.

Enjoying Quilmes, the national beer.

Ditto.

My mom and her brother Nino.

Forget polo and soccer...BBQ is Argentina's national pasttime.

Even the many vegetarians in our family renounced it during the trip. The meat is that good.

Write your own caption for this one. ;)

Iván and his new bride Natalia.

Me and my sibs at the reception.

Gauchos galloped triumphantly through the beautiful estancia where the reception was held.

And our very own gauchos.

Ditto.

Loretta airborne......and liking it.

I celebrated my birthday in Argentina. Being there with all my loved ones around me made it the bestest birthday I ever, ever had.

My sister Tricia took some beautiful Argentina photos and posted them here http://denison.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2027016&l=8aff4&id=28500663

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Aud. and Hen.

Nice to do phone with you today

You kids look so happy on this site.

Scott of Tina
Columbus, Ohio